The Grammar 5 Pupil Book (in print letters) is the sixth year of the Jolly Phonics and Grammar programme. Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Pupil Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Pupil Books build on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduce grammar, spelling and punctuation rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 5 Pupil book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation topic and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 5 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1, 2, 3 & 4 Pupil Books
- Sentence Walls
- Simple and continuous tenses
- Contractions and the verb ‘to have’
- Adverb placement in sentences
- Prepositional phrases
- Compound subjects and objects
- Transitive and intransitive verbs
- The order of adjectives
- Adverbs of manner, degree & place, time & frequency
- Irregular plurals
- Antonyms and synonyms
There are no reviews yet.